Skillet Parmesan Tomato Casserole with White Beans and Croutons
adapted from The Law Student's WifeServes 4
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 C. crusty bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 lb. fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 15oz. Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 C. fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1/2 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Position rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and stir to coat with oil. Cook over medium-high heat stirring frequently, until the cubes are browned. Add the tomatoes, fresh spinach, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper to the croutons in the skillet. Carefully fold the spinach into the skillet mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes start to break down and spinach is wilted.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the beans, Parmesan cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is browned and the tomatoes are bubbly.
This recipe was printed from the Everyday Foodie blog. ©2014 Karen McCullough.