Roasted Vegetable and Polenta Casserole
adapted from The Vegan Cheat Sheet
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 8 oz. whole baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cup of fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 12 oz. of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1/2 tube of prepared polenta, sliced into 3/4-inch rounds
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread onion, mushrooms and green beans into a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Remove the veggies and reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
Coat the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish with 1/2 cup of the marinara. Layer half of the roasted veggies and squash over the sauce. Top with half of the remaining marinara and polenta. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, finishing with the marinara. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top. Bake covered for 45 minutes.
This recipe was printed from the Everyday Foodie blog. ©2014 Karen McCullough.